cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot password

Forgot password

Taylor6
Explorer | Level 3

Made a dropbox account through the app preinstalled on new computer. Put in wrong email and forgot the password I signed up with. How do I go about to fix the email tied to my account?

3 Replies 3

Re: Forgot password

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @Taylor6, Welcome to the Dropbox Community! 

If I were you, the first thing I'd do is to check for any connected devices. 

That way, you'd be able to download your content, and also access the account, in order to change your credentials. 

If, however, you don't remember the password, and the email is wrong, I'd suggest creating a new Dropbox account from scratch. 

​​​​​​​Can you check, and keep me posted?

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Taylor6
Explorer | Level 3

Yes i can still access the account through the app installed, but i cant change my credentials without my password, and I cant change the password without the email which is wrong so I don't have access to.

Rich
Super User II

@Taylor6 wrote:

... i cant change my credentials without my password, and I cant change the password without the email which is wrong so I don't have access to.

In such a case, there's nothing you can do except to open a new account with the correct email address and transfer your data to it. If you don't remember your password, you need to reset it, and you can't do that with an invalid email address on your account. You also can't update the email without your password.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Taylor6 Explorer | Level 3
    Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?