cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Can't login!

Forgot the email of my old Dropbox account and can't get in

alan99
New member | Level 2

So I have a Dropbox account and did not use  it for a while because I lost my phone and even forgot the email. I made a new account hoping that I can get any information. So how do I ask the company to help me find my old account and is that possible ? 

3 Replies 3

Re: Account

Rich
Super User II

@alan99 wrote:

So I have a Dropbox account and did not use  it for a while because I lost my phone and even forgot the email. ... So how do I ask the company to help me find my old account and is that possible? 

No, that won't be possible. You need to know the email address and have access to it in order to show ownership of the account. Not only that, if the account has been idle for more than a year, it would have been deleted due to inactivity.

Help! Can't login!

Beambox
New member | Level 2

Help! I can't log into my old account due to inactive phone number. When I tried to login, it will ask for a 6 digit code which is sent to my old number, which is no longer being used (I had to change my phone number for some reasons, and terminated the old one). By the way I am now using my new account, since to get into this "help section" (which only has a chatbot and a community forum, no official customer service people amazingly) I need to login...

Any work-around this? Thank you and appreciate your help.

Re: Forgot the email of my old Dropbox account and can't get in

Beambox
New member | Level 2

In my case it's my dead phone number. They keep sending a 6 digit code into my old number which is no longer available. Like you I had to make a brand new account just to get into this "help section". Funny something this famous only has a chat bot to troubleshoot problems...

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Need more support?