cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Free space from Space Race is gone. What happened?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi Dropbox. I just recieved an email saying that you are stripping away 23GB of storage space from me, because "The Space Race Promotional Period" has expired. WTF?!? Time to switch to google drive I guess. I hope that extra 25GB of storage is worth it to you. Definitely won't be using Dropbox anymore.

106 Replies 106
Highlighted

Re: Space Race was a SCAM!

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

They have made it clear that the 25GB is only for 2 years since day one.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

@Mike s : a lost FREE LOADING user, is not a loss. bye bye.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Your still a free loader.

DB promised you 25GB for 2 years, they kept to that promise, and you turn around and call them scammers,I think your the one trying to scam some free space.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Im sure many people who wish to leave, can Google for alternatives, they dont require you to help them.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Its not your space tho, they gave you it for 2 years, now they have taken it back, as per the deal when you got it.
If I worked for DB I would be offering two free account, 1x2GB free (like now) , 1 upping free accounts to 25GB and then randomly crippling your sync with a would you like to buy prompt.
Yo can of course plead your case direct to DB support, but I just dont see them budging, its hard enough for paying customers to get Db to blink when you stare at them, free users can try of course.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Just got the same email. They're taking away 8 GB. I wasn't aware this was for 2 years otherwise I would have never participated. Kinda pissed off with Dropbox right now. Not cool.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

@Max B. : They didnt hide it was for two years, I can understand you might have had to play the space race to get it, but really you wouldnt have if you knew it was only going to last two years?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I wouldn't have. What's the point of having temporary storage? And furthermore, to make up for it, they decided to offer me 50% off a business plan. I'm an individual. I have been for the last 8 years with a free account, but suddenly I'm going to wait to pony up $15/month and have a business account? That's nonsense. I'm very upset with Dropbox right now.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Will be moving some files to Google Drive and won't upgrade my Dropbox account. Final result? One more upset user.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?