cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free space left on web

Free space left on web

janelznic
Explorer | Level 3

Hello everyone, please why I can`t see a free left space when I clicking an icon on right top corner with my avatar on web? There is only an information about my plan capacity. But it's not important to know because this information is still same. I need to know how much space is remaining on my cloud. Please could you add it? Thank you.

1.jpg

2 Replies 2

ACCT AND DATA INFO LOCATION

LLAURA
New member | Level 2

I was needing to view my total amount of data storage used, and first let me say you don't make it easy!  But finally, after digging through the help community, i found out where this information is located.  But it's very different between the website and the desktop app, and the information displayed is different also.  Why is this?   The APP has you go into Preferences (?) and the Account tab to view this information, but it's shown as a percentage of the total storage allowed.  The WEBSITE has you go into your Settings (?) and to the Plan (?) tab, where you have to scroll down past the plan suggested (!) for you, and there you see an actual number of Gig's used and amount allowed. 

Why go into settings/preferences for this information?  I want to view my accout and data usage, not change any settings.

Why show it as percentage on one (which is rather useless information) and as a Gig number on the other (more useful)?

A more logical and therefore more helpful approach to this would be to have an Account link NOT within Settings/Preferences, which shows your plan info, amount of storage used as number of Gig's (not percentage), and any personal information, etc related to your account. 

Thanks for reading and for your consideration 

Re: Free space left on web

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @janelznic, thanks for reaching out to us. 

I understand how important this is for you and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 

Are there any other options you'd like to be able to see when you click on your website's avatar?

Give us a nudge whenever you have the chance to check this out, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?