cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend Invite

Friend Invite

Theresa K
New member | Level 2

I invited someone that lost their invitation.  It's not in their Spam.  The Community suggestion was to have that person create a Dropbox account using that email address that I sent it to.  They did.  I did not get credit when they downloaded the program, I received a message, that this person signed up without me, therefore no signup bonus for me.  The community board suggested I contact you directly for help.

4 Replies 4

Re: Friend Invite

Mark
Super User II

You will have only received a notification that they signed up if there was a link to you. If it says they signed up without you somebody else must have invited them previously. 

www.dropbox.com/referral_status will show what the status is.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Theresa K
New member | Level 2

I asked..she didn't know what to do, so she downloaded Dropbox to her computer.  I told her as long as she uses the same email, Dropbox would link it to my invitation.  She never had a request asking her if someone recommended her.  How can I get credit for her signing up?  (I originally asked her back in 2012.  She forgot about it.  Now she's enrolled, and I would like to receive the credit.)

Mark
Super User II

Unless a member of the team picks it up from here there isnt a way I'm afraid. You've obviously been emailed by the system as it recognises you in the referral chain, but, its said no. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Theresa K
New member | Level 2

thank you..

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?