cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting an account for our townhome association.

Getting an account for our townhome association.

theid8tor
Explorer | Level 4

I am a member of a Board for our small townhome association. We are all volunteers. Currently I'm letting the association use a shared folder in my personal account. Is there a way the association can get it's own account without a dedicated association computer? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

Yes they just need an email address to do it 🙂 

But what I'd say is that each person shouldn't use a shared log on - as everybody is then the owner and could do anything to the account (i.e. delete it). So you'd set up one for the association which 'owns' the share and then each person would be invited as they do normally now to view/edit the files etc.  

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Yes they just need an email address to do it 🙂 

But what I'd say is that each person shouldn't use a shared log on - as everybody is then the owner and could do anything to the account (i.e. delete it). So you'd set up one for the association which 'owns' the share and then each person would be invited as they do normally now to view/edit the files etc.  

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

theid8tor
Explorer | Level 4

That is GREAT news, thanks. I do have access to the association gmail to use for setup. Way back when I signed up (8 years) I thought I needed to set up the account on a computer for it to be functional. Is it possible for the association account to be accessed solely by the web? I know how to access I'm just referring to the setup.  I'm also assuming it wouldn't be too hard to transfer the existing association folder to the new account, correct? You are a gift, much appreciated.

Need more support?