cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Getting more space without a business plan

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

so i am a photographer and i already use 1 TB of dropbox for my undelivered images (raw files). I am too small to sing up for a business account. But I want another 1 TB dropbox on my desktop so I can back up delivered images (JPEGs). How can I do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: getting more space without business

Super User II
Super User II

In order to run them both at the same time under the same computer user, one of the accounts needs to be a Dropbox for Business account or a Team account. Otherwise, Yes, each account would need to be installed under a separate computer user account.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Super User alumni
Super User alumni

You can't, Dropbox won't sell you an account larger than 1TB.  Your only option is to sign up for a second Pro account and move some long term archived files to it to free up your main accounts space.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I would love to do that. how do i get another account? can i use same email?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

can i use same email?

No. Each Dropbox account requires a unique email address.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

can i have two dropbox accounts on same computer with different emails?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

In order to run them both at the same time under the same computer user, one of the accounts needs to be a Dropbox for Business account or a Team account. Otherwise, Yes, each account would need to be installed under a separate computer user account.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

But i tried getting a business one and because it is just me as an employee it does not allow. Please let me know how to proceed 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

You can get a business account - but its a minimum of 5 licences regardless of how many of them you use. 

To set up the Team you dont need to do anything, just follow the help links to do it. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

This is EXACTLY what is happening to me! I guess I'll go looking at a different company :(

[EDIT: The individual Professional plan now comes with 2 TB - updated on July 2018]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?