cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started - Converting from free Business to subscribed individual

Getting started - Converting from free Business to subscribed individual

greg1962
New member | Level 2

My free trial has ended and I want to have an individual account.  I have a couple of colleagues that are set up in this way and we wish to be able to share files with one another.  Pretty basic question, but when I want to subscribe for a new individual account the system is requiring a new email address but the existing one that I used during the trial is the one I wish to retain?...

Thanks!??

1 Reply 1

Re: Getting started - Converting from free Business to subscribed individual

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @greg1962, thanks for joining the Dropbox Community and for your post!

If your trial expired and it's asking you to create a new account for your individual subscription, your business account is probably still active, but it's in what we call a locked state.

To upgrade to an individual account, you'd need to disband the team and return to a free individual account.

Then, you should be able to re-upgrade as normal. 

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?