cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked Account

ugl97
Explorer | Level 3

The account linked to the email [personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines], was mine, but I think it has been hacked. Since the email has been hacked as well, the email has been closed, so I can't change the password nor login in to the account. I want to close this account. The only thing I can provide you are personal information, content shared and devices. I know that I could sound very rude and clamant, but I'm really concerned and worried. Is there anything that I can do? Thanks

1 Reply 1

Re: Hacked Account

Sanchez
Dropboxer

Hey, @ugl97, thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear about your Dropbox and email accounts. Unfortunately, without access to the email account, I don’t believe that our team will be able to assist. We use your email account ownership to prove ownership of a Dropbox account. 

Just to make sure, I suggest getting in touch with our support agents by submitting a ticket. Make sure you’re not signed in to any Dropbox account in your browser, and head over here. There, click on the “Can’t sign in?” option, and on the next page, scroll down to Submit a Help Request. 

When you get a confirmation email, let me know your ticket number, so I can check on your submission in our system. 

Let me know! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?