cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Dropbox downgraded accidentally

Highlighted
New member | Level 2

Good day! My partner's professional account is signed in my mobile device so I'd have access to his files for work (we work together and i need access to his work files)

I recently subscribed to a dropbox plus account using my own email address. I then tried to sign in using my email address on my mobile phone and the app recognized it as my partner's personal account. I then received a refund notification and noticed that the smart sync function on my dropbox account isnt working anymore and that the account was downgraded to basic. On my mobile device where my partner's Professional account is logged in, i saw that his plan/account type is now Dropbox Plus instead of Professional :( 

How do i undo this mistake, as i wouldnt want my partner's account to be downgraded as he uses this for work. what should I do?

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Help! Dropbox downgraded accidentally

Dropboxer

Hi @SS-AM; welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this and I'll do my best to help.

To begin with, allow me to outline that, mainly for security reasons, sharing an account with others is not recommended while sharing your Dropbox password with others also violates the Dropbox Terms of Service

That being said, as it sounds like you accidentally downgraded your partner's account to the Plus plan instead of upgrading your own account, you'll need to re-upgrade the -now downgraded- account to whatever plan suits your needs.

If you stumble upon any issues in this process, please feel free to contact our support team directly through our ticketing system so we can assist further. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Help! Dropbox downgraded accidentally

New member | Level 2
Hi Walter!

Thank you for the response, i actually do not know his password as he has not shared it with me.

Thanks so much for the help!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?