cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help!!!!! How do I cancel my subscription and get a refund!?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello.

A few years ago, I was subscribed to a Dropbox account connected to a business account, so I did not need to pay for dropbox plus services. However, it is odd because even though my dropbox is still connected to the business account, I discovered that last year and THIS YEAR, I was charged for dropbox plus! 99usd last year and 119usd this year, every 15th of November!

However, I did not want to subscribe to dropbox plus, and the only reason I am seemingly subscribed is because of my connection to the business account which gave me a free subscription!

Now that I discovered that it is not free, here is what I need to be done:

1. Cancel my subscription, but give me time to move my files in case they exceed the free dropbox plan storage other than deleting the files; and

2. Refund the 119usd charged to my credit card for the dropbox plus this year! I will not pursue the 99usd last year because that was a long time ago but this year I need to cancel the subscription and have the 119usd refunded since I am not planning to use dropbox plus. It's just fair. 

Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks. 

2 Replies 2

Re: Help!!!!! How do I cancel my subscription and get a refund!?

Super User II
Super User II

The only way to get help on this is via Dropbox support: www.dropbox.com/support. Log a ticket there and follow that at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

More info: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/payments-billing/refund

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Re: Help!!!!! How do I cancel my subscription and get a refund!?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Ryussx, thanks for reaching out to us here!

I was able to locate your open communication with our Support team and just passed along your comments here. 

This just helps us to keep all the relevant info in one place so that we don't miss any info that you provide us.

Just to note too, you'll still be able to access and download all your files from Dropbox, even once the account is downgraded. You can simply download them from the web and delete them from the account afterwards to free up some space. 

If there's anything else that you need, give us a nudge here.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?