cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I'm been charged for Drop Box Plus but only have capabilities of Drop Box Basic

Help! I'm been charged for Drop Box Plus but only have capabilities of Drop Box Basic

Dave_86
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help me out here!

I've been paying for Drop Box Plus using my Apple Account for well over a year now however I havent been using the service. 

I've just logged into my account to find that I'm registered as a Drop Box Basic User and hence only have the capabilities of Drop Box Basic despite having been paying for the Plus Service.

I'm trying to contact Drop Box in regard to this, however because I'm on the system as a Drop Box Basic user, I am finding this extrremely difficult becasue my only option is to chat with an automated BOT.

Does anyone have a contact email address for Drop Box? or alternatively if someone from Drop Box sees this could they please get in touch.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Re: Help! I'm been charged for Drop Box Plus but only have capabilities of Drop Box Basic

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Dave_86, thanks for joining the Community!

Could you confirm that you see your Apple payments on your Dropbox account here? Have you been charged constantly via Apple for your Dropbox subscription?

Which account is signed in on the Dropbox mobile app, and is it the same as the account on your machine? Do you have another email address which could have been used with Dropbox?

This will help me assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Help! I'm been charged for Drop Box Plus but only have capabilities of Drop Box Basic

Dave_86
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay,

When I look at my billing history on Drop Box I see the Apple Payments however the last invoice was on the 14/01/2020. 

Apple is still regularly charging me for Drop Box Plus though.

I have two drop box accounts which makes things a bit confusing, both are shown as Drop Box Basic accounts though.

Cheers

Daphne
Dropboxer

Since you upgraded through the app store @Dave_86, you should be signed into Dropbox through the mobile app, right?

In this case, can you try these steps to see if that does the trick?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?