cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I access important shared content when I don't have any more space?

Highlighted

How can I access important shared content when I don't have any more space?

New member | Level 2

I am not sure when Dropbox was originally used. But I keep getting notifications that my Dropbox is full. I don't even know how to open Dropbox. But now I have a client who sent me some very important information links to Dropbox and I am not sure how to access them. I don't have extra income to pay to upgrade. So how do I clear out what y'all say is already full? I really need to access this information that has been recently sent to me in the last month. Please respond ASAP.
Thank you

S. Grassel

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: How can I access important shared content when I don't have any more space?

Dropboxer

Hi there @Skgrassel, thanks for checking in with us. 

You can access your Dropbox account by signing to the website with the relevant credentials. If you don't remember the password for it, you can reset it by following the steps outlined here

You can also check out this link for suggestions on how to make space, and this one on how to add the shared folder to your account.

Finally, I wanted to mention that if the files you mention were sent to you via a shared link, you don't need an account to preview it. 

I hope this helped, let me know if you have any other questions - thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?