cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I access my account that was disabled?

Highlighted

How can I access my account that was disabled?

New member | Level 2

I'm writing this from my other account because the one I'm trying to use won't even let me sign in.

I haven't used it in a while, so maybe it got disabled because of that? If there's no way of accessing my account again, is there a way to create a new account under the same email address? I'm trying to access some shared files from work but they shared it to my email that's linked to the disabled account.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Account Disabled

Super User II

If an account has been inactive for over a year, it's subject to deletion along with all content. You can try to sign into the account (reset your password if necessary). If the account still exists, you should be able to access it, otherwise you should be able to register a new account with the same email address, provided that email is not associated with another account.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
I try to reset my password, and it just tells me that the account is disabled. Is there a way I can delete the account?
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi there @Kaphlooblshnob, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this!

Since we would need to have a look into some account specific info, you'll need to contact our Support team.

From an incognito window, please submit a help request from here with the info related to the account you're trying to sign into.

You'll receive a ticket number (eg. #1234567) which you can let me know here and I can pass along the info you've mentioned here.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?