cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I cancel a Business trial and go back to my personal account?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Last time I went to dropbox I inadvertently signed up for a free trial of a business account. I do not want that, I still have 20 days left on free trial and I can't get to my regular dropbox folders with information in them that I need. Every time I go to dropbox it automatically takes me to the business account. How can I remove that and get back to all my folders? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Inadvertently signed up for business Account

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you for the information.  The business account is not even fully set up.  It is asking for me to set up work space and invite team members.  Therefore, I am unable to sign in to cancel it.  

**Update: I went through Chat on the DB web site and they deleted the business account for me.  Thanks again.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @Moffett, I hope you're well today!

You can revert back to a personal account by cancelling the trial with the steps outlined here. This won't affect the data in your account at all, it will remain safe during this.

In the meantime, your data should be located in your account, within the purple personal folder under your name.

You can check your Files page here to find the purple personal folder.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you for the information.  The business account is not even fully set up.  It is asking for me to set up work space and invite team members.  Therefore, I am unable to sign in to cancel it.  

**Update: I went through Chat on the DB web site and they deleted the business account for me.  Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that @Moffett!

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give me a nudge here.

Have a great day!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks Daphne, 

But can you clarify for me your comment on "it won't impact the data in your account"?  Which account?  I have a personal account and the business 30 trial account.  I still need the files that were shared in the trial account.  Where will they go?  Will they go into my personal account because they seem to be talking to each other anyway? 

Thank you! 

Mariatte

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @mariatte, thanks for joining us here!

If the two accounts you're referring to are indeed different accounts under different email addresses, then when the trial ends on your business account, it will simply downgrade to a basic account.

None of the data within the account will be lost as the account itself isn't deleted, and any sharing permissions should also stay the same.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

If when deleting trial account, and reverts back to basic, will I still have the available gigs that I had?  

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @acez411, I hope you're having a good day so far!

When cancelling your trial, you would lose the extra space given by the trial plan that you were using.

However, if you're referring to extra space you've gained through promotions or referrals, then this space won't be affected.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?