cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel a free trial?

How can I cancel a free trial?

jwool1965
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I started the free trial subscription I had an Android, now I have an Iphone.  How do I cancel my free trial?

81 Replies 81

homemrs1mc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

oh my, I am striving not to get frausted. I have twitted many tweets and have emailed many emails. I want to cancel my free subscription. I apologized but I do not need this service as of now. Please get me out so I will not be charged! 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @homemrs1mc; welcome to our Community!

As your query seems to echo a discussion I had some time ago, I moved your post under this thread.

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at the previous comments and let me know if you have any follow up questions. 

Thanks!

PS: If your account's plan tab shows that you're on the Basic plan, you won't get charged for anything; this plan comes for free. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Chipkill
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi all,

Please help me to cancel the Dropbox Trial Professional

image001.png

I have clicked "Cancel Trial" but nothing happen 😞

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Chipkill wrote:

I have clicked "Cancel Trial" but nothing happen 😞

Clear your browser's cache/browsing history and try again, or try another browser.

Chipkill
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks but I have clear all cache/cookies in Safari/Chrome, click "Cancel Trial" again but cannot cancel trial

shannon5
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I received an email saying I have until April 30, 2020 to cancel my Dropbox Professional Trial before being charged.  I went to the "Plan" tab to the right of the "General" tab in Settings.  I clicked on the "Cancel trial" button to the right of the Plan summary (Dropbox Professional Trial) but nothing happens.  The button appears to be broken.  When I click on the button, the button is briefly outlined in light blue and the text turns royal blue but nothing happens.  Thinking the Safari browser is the problem, I switched to Google Chrome but I continue to have the same problem.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there any other way to cancel the trial before being charged?  

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Chipkill and @shannon5, thanks for reaching out to us. 

As @Rich also mentions, you can try another browser or clear your cache, and if you're still unable to cancel your trial, you go to this link via an incognito window (without signing in) and submitting a Help Request so that our Support team can have a better look into this for you. 

If you have any trouble along the way, just give me a shout. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

shannon5
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you for the tip, Lisil, but unfortunately it did not work.  I am submitting a Help Request.

Thanks,

Shannon5

Chipkill
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Sure, I have tried some ways: change the browsers, clear all cookies but can not "cancel trial". Yesterday, I raise request to Dropbox support & they help me cancel trial manually.

tijanamladjen
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello, 

Tomorrow my pro plan is ending. I can not cancel the plan, since tha cancel trial button does not work.

What to do?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

KevinBlue28 Explorer | Level 4
    Michaelsen New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    katyfildara New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?