cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel a free trial?

How can I cancel a free trial?

jwool1965
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I started the free trial subscription I had an Android, now I have an Iphone.  How do I cancel my free trial?

81 Replies 81

NathanGroset
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have been trying cancel my Trial.  I click the button and nothing happens.

I cannot Downgrade to a lesser plan either.

I do not require the the current plan and do not wish to be charged for it.

I have tried clicking the button in multiple different browsers and nothing happens; beyond the button clicking.  It stays on the same screen. 

Please cancel the trial Prior to be me being charged for it.

NathanGroset
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have resolved this issue. 

I had to disconnect my group and revert my work account to a full personal account.  After I did this I was able to click Cancel

Pieter Botha
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dont need the space

Thanks

Pieter Botha
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Re: I want to cancel my trial

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Pieter Botha, thanks for nudging us here. 

Have you by any chance checked out the articles I mention in my post above?

Let me know if you have any trouble along the way. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

idarcy997
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have been trying for days to cancel my free trial with no avail. I go to my account, open the "Plan" tab, and then proceed to click "Cancel Trial" but nothing happens.

Every link that I have found has led me to the same page where the same thing evidently happens. I have been logging on and doing this for about a week now and nothing has changed.

Can my membership status be changed internally so that I am not charged on 5/12?

Not applicable
Go to solution

Hello @idarcy997!

I recommend that you clear your browser cookies and cache. Below I have provided step-by-step instructions on how to do so. After you are done, go back and cancel your trial (I will also provide instructions below). If you are trying to cancel from the DropBox App, Uninstall the app and then reinstall it. I hope this helps!

How to Clear Browser Cookies and Cache

Chrome:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More (Button with Three Dots).
  3. Click More tools 
     Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

Microsoft Edge:

• Open the new Microsoft Edge and then select Settings and more  > Settings  > Privacy and services.
  • Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
  • Under Time range, choose a time range.
  • Select Cookies and other site data, and then select Clear now.

Firefox:

1. Click the menu button and select Preferences.
  2. Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
  3. Click the Clear Data… button. The Clear Data dialog will appear.
    • Cookies and Site Data (to remove login status and site preferences) and Cached Web Content (to remove stored images, scripts, and other cached content) should both be check marked.
  4. Click Clear.

How to Cancel Free Trial

If you signed up for your free trial with a phone or tablet (through iTunes or Google Play)

Learn how to cancel your free trial if you signed up with a phone or tablet. 

If you signed up for your free trial on a desktop computer or laptop (through Dropbox)

1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click your profile picture or face icon in the upper-right corner. 
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click the Plan tab. 
  5. Click Manage plan.
  6. Click Cancel trial.
  7. Click I still want to downgrade.
  8. Select the reason why you’re canceling. 
  9. Click I still want to downgrade

You’ll receive an email confirmation that your free trial has been canceled. If you signed up with a credit card, your plan will downgrade at the end of your trial period. If you signed up with PayPal, your trial will end immediately.

--------------------------

HeartDid this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please provide some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

idarcy997
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @anonymous ,

Thanks so much for the info! Unfortunately, I tried this but nothing changed.

Not applicable
Go to solution

Hello again @idarcy997!

I recommend that you contact DropBox support at https://www.dropbox.com/support. (Please note DropBox's support hours are  Monday through Friday). But before contacting support, check to see if you received an email confirmation when you tried to cancel your trial. If you paid via Credit Card, and received an email confirmation, your plan will downgrade at the end of the trial period automatically. It may still show the trial in your plan settings, but at the end of the trial period it won't show and you won't be charged. I hope this helps!

---------------------

HeartDid this post help you? If so, please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so, please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so, please provide some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder, so be as descriptive as possible! 

zuzutx
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

can you please cancel my free trial ? it is impossible to find where i need to go,  i triied for the last 20 min. you have my email on the account thank you . i dont want to call my bank for this. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

KevinBlue28 Explorer | Level 4
    Michaelsen New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    katyfildara New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?