cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel a free trial?

How can I cancel a free trial?

jwool1965
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I started the free trial subscription I had an Android, now I have an Iphone.  How do I cancel my free trial?

81 Replies 81

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You need to speak to Apple I'm afraid as that email is from them, BUT, generally as long as its cancelled you are fine. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Danntfc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks I have now contacted Apple support. Could it have been because I was still uploading and syncing that it happened? On the subscriptions it does say if you resubscribe select an option so I would hope I am fine. I did try and cancel it about 10 days into the trial so did it with plenty of time.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

I'm 99.9% sure you are fine 🙂

The App store is usually really good around charges etc.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

REMYOH
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL FREE TRIAL. All advice and directions say go to setting, then go to plan, then go to manage, then cancel.

UNDER PLAN THERE IS NO MANAGE! AND NO WAY TO CANCEL. They are saying I will have to pay about 250.00 if i do not cancel.

This company is ridiculous, they make you jump hoops! They did this on purpose... there is no reason there is not an easy way to do this, they KNOW how to make it easy and they chose not to. Can't wait to get away from drop dead, i mean drop box. 

Heatherhunihan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I incorrectly signed up for free trial of Dropbox plus . I thought I had to give credit card info to have a basic account. Now it’s saying it will Charge me for Plus in a few days. I try to follow directions to manage account and cancel trial but it just Brings me to my account that says Dropbox basic. Yet I am getting emails saying it will Charge me in a few days. I am co fused and frustrated and there is no customer service to help. Thank you if anyone can assist.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Heatherhunihan; welcome to the Community and happy Friday!

As your query seems to echo this discussion, I just merged your post under this thread so you can take a look at your convenience when you get the chance. 

Can you see if the email address that you received this email and the email address that you're looking at are an exact match?

On this note, if you're still having issues with cancelling a trial for our Plus plan, I'd suggest getting in contact with our team through the relevant form via an incognito window (while NOT logged into any account) so we can assist further with account specific information. 

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

shem47
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Cancellation of Dropbox plus free trial on ipad cannot proceed no cancel button on subscription please help ASAP

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @shem47, thanks for reaching out to us here!

I've just moved your post here, so when you have the chance please check out Walter's post here.

If you have any issues with this, please let me know and I'll be happy to help further.

Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jakesdish
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Set up a new laptop, along with setting up dropbox on this laptop as its one of those pre-installed apps.

I specifically opted NOT to participate in a 12-month 'Free trial' of an upgraded 25 Gb. Than I get an email stating "We've awarded your account with 25 GB of bonus space for the next 12 months."

Than I'm spending another HOUR going through page after webpage of 'help articles' along with no help from the 'dropbot' with how to cancel this trial. This webpage: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/cancellations-refunds/cancel-free-trial on step 5 "Click Manage Plan".... there is no 'manage plan' on my settings/plan tab page. Very Very fustrated, more so as I lost an hour of my life I'm not going to get back for something I never signed up for.

Please PLEASE remove this 12 month trial from my account!

With no business email, contact web form, no live chat with Dropbox.... Really do NOT like this customer relations approach.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @jakesdish; welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this; I just wanted to clarify that promotions like the one you mentioned (such as Dell promotions, Lenovo ones etc.) are free of charge and are not to be confused with trials for a paid subscription, be it the Plus or the Professional one for individuals or one of our Business plans for teams. 

That said, the promotional space you received from your new laptop's promotion will automatically expire after 12 months so you don't need to cancel anything. 

Last but not least,as you noticed, your technical support options depend on what kind of account you have (Basic, Plus, Family, Professional, or Business). To see the support options for your account you can log in and go to dropbox.com/support

I hope this helps clear things up a tad and please let me know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

KevinBlue28 Explorer | Level 4
    Michaelsen New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    katyfildara New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?