Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel my Professional plan after changing my subscription?

DanCiobanu New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have recently changed the account type from: Professional to Business. 

I am currently in trail mode until November 8. However, i am still asked to pay the old fees for Professional account. There is no way i can cancel the / stop this process. When i log on the web version, it appears only the Business Billing history. 

On the desktop app I have a notification of due payment (can;t proces the card) and when i click on "Update Now" it will open the old account with old Billing history (the Professional account)ChangePaymentDetailsScreengrab.png

Could you please let me know how can i cancel the Professional account? It seems is duplicated (i have checked and each account has a different card details attached)

Thanks 

6 Replies 6

Re: Problem with Billing

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @DanCiobanu, thanks a lot for the detailed description & the screenshot, I’ll do my best to clarify what’s happening. For starters, I’ve slightly modified your post for your own privacy, as this is a public Forum & we aim to safeguard your personal info

From there Dan, it’s worth mentioning that despite being on a Dropbox Business trial plan at the moment, your current subscription should continue running uninterrupted in the background. In other words, if your account was up for renewal, this shouldn’t be affected by the trial. In case you’d like to cancel your Professional account’s renewal, you could follow the steps outlined here (i.e. you can still cancel the pending payment on: https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan)

Hopefully this sheds some more light on the matter & please do keep us updated on this discussion if you’d like me to explain things in a bit more depth or you experience any issues following the steps above. Thanks again for reaching out to us & I'm wishing you a wonderful rest of your day ahead!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi Jane,

First of all, thank you for your reply.

Actually this is the problem. I doesn't appear anything...

Sorry, it seems is impossible to add an image in this reply..

Tx

New member | Level 2

On the Plan tab it shows me the Business account information and on the Billing tab it shows me the Professional billing (which is still on.... and every week I have a notification from the bank with an automatic payment attempt)

Thanks 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks a lot for keeping me updated on the progress here Dan (@DanCiobanu). So as to move forward on this payment-specific inquiry, I’ve reached out to you on my end through our Official Support channel (i.e. I’ll need sensitive details that can’t be accessed on our Forum)

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you from more closely. I hope that this is helpful to you & I’ll be awaiting your next reply. Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: How can I cancel my Professional plan after changing my subscription?

alicekom New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I want to cancel my dropbox , how can i do ?

Re: How can I cancel my Professional plan after changing my subscription?

alicekom New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Pls let me know , how can i cancel dropbox and

sent to my email : alicekom@ymail.com

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?