cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel my subscription? I don't see the "cancel plan" option.

How can I cancel my subscription? I don't see the "cancel plan" option.

jjoni
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, 

I have been charged $11.99 every month for years for the dropbox account that I no longer use. I would like to cancel the subscription and even delete my dropbox account if necessary.

I followed the online instruction - logged into my account > opened setting> opened "plan", but at the bottom of this page, I don't see "cancel subscription" option. I have NOT used any mobile device other than my PC to access my dropbox, so I don't know why I don't see this option. 

Can somebody help me how I can cancel this subsription?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@jjoni wrote:

I followed the online instruction - logged into my account > opened setting> opened "plan", but at the bottom of this page, I don't see "cancel subscription" option.

If you're not seeing the option to cancel, then you're likely being charged for a different account from the one you're signed in to. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to determine the account you're being charged for, then sign in to that account.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@jjoni wrote:

I followed the online instruction - logged into my account > opened setting> opened "plan", but at the bottom of this page, I don't see "cancel subscription" option.

If you're not seeing the option to cancel, then you're likely being charged for a different account from the one you're signed in to. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to determine the account you're being charged for, then sign in to that account.

jjoni
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you! That solved my problem. 🙂

worstcompanyeverdolphin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, 

I have been charged $11.99 every month for years for the dropbox account that I no longer use. I would like to cancel the subscription and even delete my dropbox account if necessary.

I followed the online instruction - logged into my account > opened setting> opened "plan", but at the bottom of this page, I don't see "cancel subscription" option. I have NOT used any mobile device other than my PC to access my dropbox, so I don't know why I don't see this option. 

Can somebody help me how I can cancel this subsription?

Thank you.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @worstcompanyeverdolphin, let's jump right into this!

I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look on this. Reply back to me, and we'll take it from there! 

Thanks! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

VictorLu
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi, I had an account connected to my old work email address.
That email address has been deleted since I don’t work there anymore, but Dropbox still charge my account (but I can’t cancel it). What do I do?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, @VictorLu, how are you today?

I just sent you an email, in order for us to look into this closely. Respond back to me, and we'll take it from there.

Thank you!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

VictorLu
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi @Megan,
Thank you for answering.
I have replied on your e-mail. 👍🏼

alckc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dropbox makes it almost impossible to cancel your subscription.  There is not "cancel button" on the "Plan" tab.  I am the sole user who set up the free trial and there is no Admin login.  Company does not want to make it convenient to cancel.  Very shady business practice.  Just milking people for monthly fees. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@alckc wrote:

Dropbox makes it almost impossible to cancel your subscription.  There is not "cancel button" on the "Plan" tab. 

It's actually very simple to cancel a subscription or trial. Typically, if you don't see the Cancel option then either the account you're signed in to doesn't have a subscription, or the subscription was started on a mobile device and you need to use the Subscriptions section on the device's app store to cancel.

Go to your Plan page. What plan does it show you on currently? If it shows as Basic then you're signed in to a free account that has no subscription, which would mean there's nothing to cancel.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    alckc Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?