cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel the constant payments being taken out

Highlighted

How can I cancel the constant payments being taken out

New member | Level 2

MY HUSBAND HAD AN ACCOUNT HE NEVER USED AND WAS BILLED FOR FOR A VERY VERY LONG TIME.

HE DIED IN MARCH AND I DO NOT HAVE HIS PASSWORD OR KNOW WHICH EMAIL HE USED FOR THIS ACCOUNT. I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS RESOLVED SINCE I FOUND THIS OUT BACK IN MARCH.  IN THE MEANTIME, THE FEE KEEPS BEING TAKEN OUT OF OUR CHECKING ACCOUNT.  IT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE TO SPEAK TO A LIVE PERSON.....AND I'M SORRY BUT HIS COMPUTER IS BROKEN.  ALL I WANT TO DO AND HAVE WANTED TO DO FOR THE PAST 4 MONTHS IS TO CANCEL HIS DROPBOX AND WISH FOR SOME KIND OF REFUND IF POSSIBLE.  I'VE USED DROPBOX FOR YEARS, THE FREE ACCOUNT AND HAD NO IDEA HE WAS PAYING FOR ONE ALL THIS TIME.  THERE IS NOTHING IN THERE WE WANT OR NEED.  PLEASE HELP ME CANCEL THIS AND **STOP** THE MONTHLY BILLING!  THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!  MY HUSBAND WAS A DISABLED VET AND HAD "CHEMO BRAIN".  I ONLY TOOK OVER EVERYTHING UPON HIS DEATH ON MARCH 13TH  PLEASE HELP.....

KATHI MCKNIGHT

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: URGENT PLEASE

Dropboxer

Hi @KathiM, thanks for messaging the Community.

I'm sorry to hear about this matter. Generally when it comes to situations like these, there is an article on how to regain control of an account when the owner has passed away.

However, as this is specifically related to payment, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly by logging into your account, clicking this support link and providing as much info as possible.

Once you get the automated email with the ticket, please reply here with the number so I can locate it in the system.

Keep me posted.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?