Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I change my monthly billing date?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi there, can you help me change the date of my monthly direct debit please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How can I change my monthly billing date?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @NikitaG, you could easily change your renewal date by marking your account to downgrade on your upcoming renewal date & re-upgrading anew. If your account goes above your storage allowance, your files should remain on your Dropbox account intact, however syncing will stop on your devices & you won’t be able to add content until you re-upgrade. 

I hope that this answers your payment-specific question & please do let me know on this discussion if you need further assistance or I have misunderstood your query in any way. Thanks for choosing Dropbox Nikita! 

(Note: Kindly note that the cancellation of your subscription will remove any add-ons you may currently be eligible for, including a more extensive version history & the upcoming pricing may not match your present one.) 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @NikitaG, you could easily change your renewal date by marking your account to downgrade on your upcoming renewal date & re-upgrading anew. If your account goes above your storage allowance, your files should remain on your Dropbox account intact, however syncing will stop on your devices & you won’t be able to add content until you re-upgrade. 

I hope that this answers your payment-specific question & please do let me know on this discussion if you need further assistance or I have misunderstood your query in any way. Thanks for choosing Dropbox Nikita! 

(Note: Kindly note that the cancellation of your subscription will remove any add-ons you may currently be eligible for, including a more extensive version history & the upcoming pricing may not match your present one.) 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I tried the approach:

1) I downgraded the account. It was then showing that the change will happen on 11 Feb.

2) I restored the account. Again, the account will only be charged on 11 Feb.

What did I miss?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

There is no way within Dropbox to change your billing date. What Jane is suggesting is you downgrade your account and wait for it to expire on your current billing date (your files won't be deleted), and then re-subscribe on your desired billing date.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Dear Rich

Thank you for a response. 

It looks like it will not help me, as I will then need to wait from 11th until around 27th, as to change the billing date ... and all this time the Dropbox will be in a downgraded state? 

If so (and also considering that DropBox started to become slower, as compared to 3-5 years ago), I might just as well look for free solutions for distributed storage. I can bet that the reliability of storing the same files on multiple distributed drives (one at home, one in the office, two more on different laptops) will be at least as high as with DropBox, while the size limits will be no more and speed will be higher. What do you think?

Regards

Albert

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?