cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I change the devices in my Free Dropbox account?

Explorer | Level 4

I would like to change the devices in myDropbox account. I would like to have my Android phone be one and two Windows 10 PCs the other two. Where did I find which devices are connected and how do I make a change?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How can I change the devices in my Free Dropbox account?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Kenneth C.2, I hope you're well today!

To change the devices linked to your account, you can unlink any devices that you're not currently using with the steps outlined here.

Once you're under the 3 device limit for the Basic plan, you'll be able to link the devices that you need.

Please keep in mind the device limit if you currently have or would like to keep more than 3 devices linked to your account.

You would need to unlink enough devices to take you below the limit to be able to link a new device, and you'll no longer be able to keep more than 3 devices linked.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Kenneth C.2, I hope you're well today!

To change the devices linked to your account, you can unlink any devices that you're not currently using with the steps outlined here.

Once you're under the 3 device limit for the Basic plan, you'll be able to link the devices that you need.

Please keep in mind the device limit if you currently have or would like to keep more than 3 devices linked to your account.

You would need to unlink enough devices to take you below the limit to be able to link a new device, and you'll no longer be able to keep more than 3 devices linked.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Daphne.

Thank you for replying to my post.  I finally found my way into my my account registry when I realized the icon I should click on had my picture on it. 

I really like Dropbox; have 3 devices connected (2 notebooks and cell phone) planning on trying out new features.  What devices have you connected and what featursdo you use?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that's sorted @Kenneth C.2!

At the moment I have my computer, tablet and phone connected with my personal account.

I'm pretty sure that the features I use the most would be File Requests and Smart Sync.

But, with all the photos at this time of year, Camera Uploads has been a life saver for me!

Are there any features in particular that you're curious about? Or perhaps something that you'd like to do but aren't sure what's the best method?

I'd be more than happy to assist with any questions you have, I'm all ears. 👂

Thanks!

Daphne

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?