cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I clear up space on a mobile?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note III and i am trying to clear space as the dropbox is full. Can you help

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: clearing space

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there,
To clear up space in your Dropbox, simply drag files out of your Dropbox folder (or delete files from your Dropbox app on your device). Please note however that if you delete files from your mobile device, they will also be deleted from the Dropbox website and any other connected devices.
I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you need anything else.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I've tried to drag files from my Dropbox to a thumbdrive and all it copies is a blank icon. The files of images remain. The only way I've found so far to remove the files is to open each folder and then copy individual images one by one, which is very time consuming. There must be a better way. Anybody know?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Thomas's information is based upon your having installed the desktop client. 

If you are using the website you need to click on the files or highlight them and select Download

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?