cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete my account?

How can I delete my account?

vkKAKAAA
New member | Level 2

HOW CAN I [profanity removed by moderator] DELETE THIS ACCOUNT? FOR FS, this page keeps me redirecting and I feel like the idiot is on this side of the screen...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DELETE ACCOUNT

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @vkKAKAAA,

If you would like to delete your Dropbox account, you can do so from your account settings page here. The option to delete your account will be at the very bottom of the web page. 

If you don’t see this option or are unable to proceed with deleting the account, please can you send me a screenshot of the issue? You mentioned you were being redirected, can you please clarify this and let me know what the page shows.

Otherwise, if you’re referring to something else, please let me know in a little more detail so that I can assist accurately - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

vkKAKAAA
New member | Level 2

Give me a [profanity removed by moderator] link.... I cannot believe that the idiot is on this side of the screen. Oh! I have ranked level one on a damned account I never actually needed.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @vkKAKAAA,

If you would like to delete your Dropbox account, you can do so from your account settings page here. The option to delete your account will be at the very bottom of the web page. 

If you don’t see this option or are unable to proceed with deleting the account, please can you send me a screenshot of the issue? You mentioned you were being redirected, can you please clarify this and let me know what the page shows.

Otherwise, if you’re referring to something else, please let me know in a little more detail so that I can assist accurately - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

SkitIDet
New member | Level 2

AND WHAT IT THAT TAKES YOU BACK TO ITUNES WHERE THE ONLY OPTION IS TO UNSUBSCRIBE. I DON'T HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION, I WANT D-E-L-E-T-E MY ACCOUNT. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE THIS DIFFICULT?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @SkitIDet,

If you just want to delete your account altogether, can you check out the steps listed here?

If you're having trouble with this then let me know what steps you've tried and where you're running into issue so that I can have a better understanding to assist.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Peter L.5
Explorer | Level 4

Unfortunately, those steps do not match the application.

There is no general menu or delete account to be found anywhere.

I assume the easiest is to change your email address to a throwaway email account. 

Rich
Super User II

@Peter L.5 wrote:

Unfortunately, those steps do not match the application.

Those steps don't refer to the application. They refer to the Dropbox website, as mentioned in the help article. It's very easy to delete your account from the website. It's just a couple of clicks.

Peter L.5
Explorer | Level 4

Sorry I meant the dropbox.com. So no it is not easy.

I can find Settings. When I select that. I can see the following menus:

"Plan, Billing, Security, Preferences, Connected apps, Default apps"

There is no delete account under any of those menus.

I have canceled my plan but would like to delete my account completely.

So where do I find the delete account link?

Rich
Super User II

@Peter L.5 wrote:

So where do I find the delete account link?

On the General tab, at the bottom of the page.

96752c3248346c2c5019267624dfcbf9.png

WoIfy
Helpful | Level 6

If you want to delete your Dropbox account, here is the direct link:

https://www.dropbox.com/account/delete

@Rich 

That's not easy since some users dont have the General tab nor the option showing anymore:

Screenshot_1.png

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

anonymous Not applicable
    shuntting New member | Level 2
    Peter L.5 Explorer | Level 4
    WoIfy Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?