cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find the exact time of log in for a device that was stolen?

How can I find the exact time of log in for a device that was stolen?

N Amim
Explorer | Level 3

Hello

My account is connected to 4 devices. One of my devices is stolen.

The lost device shows the logged in time-3 weeks ago.

I would like to know the exact time of logged in - date, hour and mintute.

Please, help me with a solution.

8 Replies 8

Re: Logged in Time

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @N Amim, I'm sorry to hear about that!

We would need to have a look into this further through our Support team, so I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here.

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my message and we can go from there. Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Logged in Time

N Amim
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Daphne

I checked the mail and replied to your querries. My lost device is:

DESKTOP-CVJKSRP-Dhaka, Bangladesh- about 3 weeks ago.

Would you have the trouble to give the exact connection time of the lost device. Like Hours, miniute etc.

I reported to the local police station. They are asking me to provide the extact connection time, not like 3weeks ago.

Kind Regards,

Nurul Amin

The Stolen Device

N Amim
Explorer | Level 3

It is my pleasure to inform that with the support of Dropbox I have traced the stolen laptop. The suspicious user of the stolen device is traced as the device is often gets connected to Dropbox. The Dropbox support team immensely helped me with providing some information. I need specific information to be confirmed with cross check about the stolen device. Would I ask concerned all to help me in this regard?

Re: The Stolen Device

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @N Amim; I just merged your recent post here. 

Moving on to your concern now, could you clarify what information you'd like to gather about this in order for us to advise further? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

N Amim
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.  Here Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) is invesgating the matter. With the help of Dropbox, I provided the PBI with  the exact connection time of the stolen device (DESKTOP-CVJKSRP). 

The PBI has got the data of more 5000 devices of that time against one IP. They suspected one but could not confirm. The asked me to request Dropbox again to help by providing with the exact time of last connection of the device. And They requested to provide the Dropbox IP with that connection so that they can cross check the matter. They want to be sure whether that device IP was connected to Dropbox IP.  The agnecy want to avoide harrasing anyone annocent as the police officer said.

I am badly in need of assistance of Dropbox.

Kind Regards,

Nurul Amin

Walter
Dropboxer

In that case, may I use the email address that's associated with your Community's profile to reach out so we can look further into this @N Amim?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

N Amim
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, you could use my email associated with Dropbox. Please, let me know if further clarification needed. 

Regards,

Nuru Amin

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for confirming this @N Amim.

I've just sent you a message to investigate further.

At your convenience, please take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    N Amim Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?