cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a refund for an account I will never have access to again?

How can I get a refund for an account I will never have access to again?

xealan
New member | Level 2

I need to talk to a DropBox representative or a Moderator as soon as possible. I see @Walter has helped with similar issues in the past.  I sent a support email and I have a ticket number but I am worried it will take too long given the circumstance/the pending charge - here is my issue:

About a year ago, I signed up for an expensive DropBox service with my work email - I worked for a major US corporation. I quit that company in January 2021 and started a new job. I must have completely forgotten about that subscription, because I see a LARGE charge on my credit card from DropBox that I cannot afford - it has to be to renew the DropBox service, for my old work email, which I cannot even access anymore (I will never have access to the email again) and for which I have no use whatsoever! It is still a pending charge on my credit card and I really need to get this charge refunded to me. I do not think it is fair to be charged for a service on an account which I have zero access to anymore. How do I get someone in billing to assist as quickly as possible? This post is from my personal email address which has just a basic account.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Re: How can I get a refund for an account I will never have access to again?

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @xealan, welcome aboard and thanks for the friendly nudge!

To expedite matters, could you please send me your ticket ID so that I can look it up in our system and get on it ASAP?

Otherwise, I can send you an email to the address that's connected to your profile here on our Community directly.

In any case, keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

xealan
New member | Level 2

Thank you very much @Walter     --  my ticket number is  14792018  -- also feel free to send me an email!

Walter
Dropboxer
Thanks for the speedy response @xealan

Since the ticket you mentioned was closed in our system, I just sent you a new one.

At your convenience, please have a look at your email's inbox and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    xealan New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?