cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Free Space

How can I get more free space?

bradapierce1980
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi, im looking to get more free space. i did all the free offers and invited friends but i went to invite another friend and i did not get the 500MB credit. is there a limit? thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Yes there is - there is a limit of 32 referrals. Note as well that you dont get space for inviting, you get space for the invitee accepting and joining Dropbox using a unique computer

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Yes there is - there is a limit of 32 referrals. Note as well that you dont get space for inviting, you get space for the invitee accepting and joining Dropbox using a unique computer

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bradapierce1980
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I have done all those. thank you!

이재석
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello
Would you check if the friend you invited joined Dropbox?
Your friend must sign up for Dropbox to receive additional capacity.

bradapierce1980
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes, the ones I sent was accepted. I sent more about 40 I'd say I didn't know it was maxed out. thank you!

RJGAV
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
You can join the community for free space also

mokh
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have invited a friend and he has installed Dropbox both on his cellphone and computer, but I still didn't get the additional 500MB.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@mokh wrote:

I have invited a friend and he has installed Dropbox both on his cellphone and computer, but I still didn't get the additional 500MB.

You can review the status of your referrals on your Plan page.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mokh, are you certain that they've installed the Dropbox desktop application, under the same email address you invited them to?

As per @Rich, try checking the status of your referral and let us know what you see!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mokh
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you @Jay & @Rich. Seems the invitee has not installed the Dropbox PC via the invite link.

Need more support?