cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my referral space?

Highlighted

How can I get my referral space?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi there... My friend was visiting me and I introduced them to Dropbox. They were interested and wanted to get it, so I sent them an invitation for Dropbox, and they clicked on the link to install it.

However after they installed it, I got a message saying it is not eligible for Dropbox and I got the following message: "This invitation looks suspicious. This usually happens if you sign up for multiple accounts on the same computer." Then I wrote to Dropbox, but they wouldn't reply and told me just to check FAQ and community. I don't have a question - I just need to be given the 1GB space Dropbox offered.

This is the second time this has happened. It is very frustrating when Dropbox offers the service and then refuse to give it. I went to the trouble of introducing Dropbox to others and then don't get the bonus space offered. Neither of the people previously had Dropbox. I introduced it to both of them. Does anyone know how I can get the 1GB Dropbox owes me?

Thanks a million

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Referral

Dropboxer

Hi @NB5, thanks for posting today!

It seems that according to the message, the invite was invalid because it was accepted on the same computer.

Could you ask your colleague to accept the invite on their own machine, from their own WiFi network, and then follow the steps here to confirm the invite?

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Thanks for your message Jay - no Dropbox has definitely never been installed in their computer. They used my WiFi, but on their own computer. This has happened twice - the same thing happened with another friend before.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

If the Dropbox desktop application hasn't been installed, then the referral credit can't be granted, as that is a requirement.

Please ask them to install it on their machine under their own WiFi network and let me know how it goes.

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi Jay - they already installed it. That wasn’t the problem. See my initial message. The problem is that for two new people who hadn’t previously installed Dropbox on their computers installed it from an invitation I sent them in their computer, but Dropbox gave an automatic reply saying that it was ineligible for the referral space and often that’s because they thought Dropbox previously had Been installed on that computer, but it hadn’t.

It’s very frustrating when companies don’t give what they offer and then can’t be contacted to get the problem fixed - if they’re not going to give it, then they shouldn’t offer it to start with.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @NB5, just jumping in here!

We can have a better look into this with you through our Support channel if you'd like to. I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here, when you have the chance please check your inbox for this.

Cheers!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?