cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I identify if my account was reduced and my data deleted?

Highlighted

How can I identify if my account was reduced and my data deleted?

New member | Level 2

Dear Support

I need to find out if I was ever on a different plan that maybe expired.

I have not record on email of ever being subscribed to a paid service

Is there a way to identify if my account was reduced and if data was deleted?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Data Missing for a few months after Update

Dropboxer

Hello @chrisventer, I hope you're doing well today!

If you don't have any records in your email or your bank account that you had a subscription for a paid Dropbox account, then it wouldn't be likely that you did.

Even so, Dropbox would never delete data from your account.

If you did happen to have a paid plan or promotional space that expired resulting in your account holding more data than your space limit, you simply wouldn't be able to add new data or sync your files.

I'd be more than happy to help with the issue that you're having, can you just let me know if you're just missing a selection of files/folders?

Let me know and we can continue from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Dear Daphnie

I am missing folders and files in Dropbox from A to Q just disappeared without any trace. I am a retired Pastor and have been writing books to assist pastors and the folders and files are missing as indicated above. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Thanks for clarifying that @chrisventer!

Dropbox wouldn't remove any data from your account even if your account had downgraded and you were over the space limit, so let's see what we can find here.

If the files were deleted from your account, then the thing I'd like to check with you first is if you can locate and restore them from your deleted files page. Please check out the exact steps to do this from here.

Should you not be able to locate the files you're looking for there, can you please check your Events page here to see if you can find any events related to these files?

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?