cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I login to my old Dropbox account when I can't login to my email?

Highlighted

How can I login to my old Dropbox account when I can't login to my email?

New member | Level 2

So the thing is I got the dropbox account for almost the year its full of photos and videos of my memories. I tried to log in today and i need to verify that is me so they send me a digit code to the email but the problem is then i try log in to email i need to verify aswell them that is really me and they want the phone number witch i dont know because email was created long time ago..so please dropbox staff please help to get my photos back because its not fair i know the password but cant access my account 🙈

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: How can I login to my old Dropbox account when I can't login to my email?

Dropboxer

Hi @Popas, thanks for joining the Community!

Generally, if you don’t have access to the email address associated with your account, then it wouldn’t be possible to reset the password for the account.

What error or message are you getting on the site? Do you have two-step verification enabled on the account?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I have exactly the same issue.  When I was a teenager I had a really funny email address but when I started finding jobs and using more my email in a professional way I just decided to create a new one a little bit more appropriate. Here is when the problem begins. I did not use my teenager-email for years ( of course I forgot the password) and I also changed my phone number. Therefore, there is no possible way for me to recover my previous email address. I have tried several times during the past 2 years and Hotmail does not help.

There must be another option to verify my identity rather than through an email address that I have not used for more than 6 years. I am willing to upload my personal ID or provide any necessary documents or do ANYTHING dropbox wants me to do in order to prove that I am the real account holder.

PLEASEEE HELP! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
I used dropbox years ago, I received email where they wrote me that they where going to delete my space because it was a long time that I didn't use it. I have all pictures of my daugthers inside, I don't kwon how to do to have them back. Now I'm using another email address but with the old one I know that I put pictures really important for me. What can I do? Please help!
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Gabopost@Marini, thanks for posting today.

Unfortunately, if you haven't accessed the Dropbox account for over 12 months, then it would have been deactivated, and it wouldn't be possible to recover the files from the account after this time.

Verification of an account can only be done via ownership of the associated email address, so any other form of ID wouldn't help in confirming ownership of an account.

We're sorry we can't be more helpful on this matter.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?