cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I pair my accounts so that I have them on my desktop?

Explorer | Level 3

How do I show my business Dropbox Folder along with my Personal Dropbox folder in my finder on MAC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Where is my Dropbox Folder?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @Exclaim-Palmer!

I just wanted to clarify that in order to pair accounts, one account must indeed be subscribed to a Dropbox Business plan and the other connected to a Basic/Plus/Professional plan. To find out which plan your account is under, please navigate to your Plan tab

Currently, there isn’t a way to pair two Basic accounts. You can find more info on this in the link that @Rich posted, and this one too for future reference. 

Hope this helped to some extent. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@Exclaim-Palmer wrote:

How do I show my business Dropbox Folder along with my Personal Dropbox folder in my finder on MAC

Have you connected your personal and business accounts on the Dropbox website yet? If not, you need to do that first, then you can sync both to your computer in separate Dropbox folders.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the input. I'll click your link & follow through, see if this is the path that will helop my situation. We'll get back to you. Thanks!

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hmmm, nothing seemed to work. I have 2 basic accounts, 1 Basic Home (email) Acct & 1 Basic Work (email) Account. These are not Business Level Accounts. When I follow the instructions from the link to:

1. Sign in to dropbox.com with your Dropbox Business account credentials.
2. Click your avatar at the top-right corner of the page.
3. Select Settings.
4. Click Connect under Connect your personal Dropbox....
...there is no button or section called "Connect your personal Dropbox."

It also seems that when I'm signed into my PERSONAL Account, upon trying to open a fresh window & signed in again to my WORK account, when I do, the previous PERSONAL Account Window now converts to the WORK Account.

Sorry about my confusion. I just wanted to have 2 basic accounts (work email & a home email thatI could see both folders independently on my desktop & not get the 2 areas convaluted or confused.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @Exclaim-Palmer!

I just wanted to clarify that in order to pair accounts, one account must indeed be subscribed to a Dropbox Business plan and the other connected to a Basic/Plus/Professional plan. To find out which plan your account is under, please navigate to your Plan tab

Currently, there isn’t a way to pair two Basic accounts. You can find more info on this in the link that @Rich posted, and this one too for future reference. 

Hope this helped to some extent. 

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the extremely clear clarification of my problem Lusil. I had began to believe that this might be my hang-up. Your explanation of that clears up everything. Thanks a million. Problem not averted but now solved.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Glad to have helped out, @Exclaim-PalmerIf you have any other questions in the future, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

In the mean time, have a wonderful day ahead! 

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?