cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I pay without giving my account card numbers?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Re: How can I pay without giving my account card numbers?

Experienced Collaborator | Level 11

Dropbox accept PayPal as a form of payment.

More options may be available for Dropbox for Business team accounts. To learn more, contact a sales representative.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Thank you Robert S. But do you know that Dropbox has instructed Paypal to the credit card number must be provided even at PayPal.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

You wont be able to upgrade then Lennart unless you take the Business package via invoice (but thats $75 per month). 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Dropbox cant ask paypal for the card numbers, exchange points arnt obliged and would never responsibly hand over credit casrd details to 3rd parties, heck my paypal doesn't even get my card numbers, it sends me to a secure server of my bank, that validates my payment (and they don't even ask me for them since they validate me)

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

When legal tender in cash is no longer good enough to settle a commercial account for your purchases you know things are becoming bad in the commercial world. This is very dodgy commercial practice which too many online companies are now guilty of.

To reject an offer to settle an account without submitting to demands to breach personal rights to privacy is disgraceful and illegal in most civilized countries.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

To reject an offer to settle an account without submitting to demands to breach personal rights to privacy is disgraceful and illegal in most civilized countries.

Huh?

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Roger M.  : Yeah DB should accept legal tender, of course that means you need to get to the correct country they are situ in.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Mark, the legal tender laws work like this, party A and B agree to purchase and sell, the seller agrees to deliver the res venditae and the purchaser agrees to pay the merx  -  at this stage consensus is reached and contractual obligations are established where the seller is obliged to accept legal tender if the purchaser wishes to extinguish the debt by that means alone.

The seller may not attach further conditions once legal tender is offered  -  demanding personal details and other private information as a pre-condition to extinguishing the purchaser's debt is generally illegal in modern civilized democracies.

Now I know you don't like these facts, and from past discussions I also know that you don't experience trouble understanding them, your problem is that you refuse to accept the concept.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

LOL this is just silly, its not about refusing, its just about getting it to them.

For example AUS $ are not legal tender when DB is, so for a start you would need to get the correct currency and then supply them it. Send it in an envelope with your account email address and I'm sure they will accept it.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?