cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove an unapproved log in?

Highlighted

How can I remove an unapproved log in?

New member | Level 2

I have been notified that someone has recently logged into my account but it will not let me remove them because they are in a “current session” what do I do or who do I go to?

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: How can I remove an unapproved log in?

Dropboxer
Hi there @Kelly Landefeld , thanks for checking in with us. 

The current session generally refers to the session that’s logged in at that point in time - in other words, usually the one you’re on. 

What you can do to check this is to sign out, sign back in, and see what your Security tab says. You should see that the session you were on ended and at the very top say current session again, which would be the one you’re in after signing back in. 

Let me know if this helps - thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: How can I remove an unapproved log in?

Super User II

@Kelly Landefeld  wrote:

I have been notified that someone has recently logged into my account ...

Keep in mind that you'll receive such a notification any time you sign in yourself, and Dropbox doesn't recognize the browser or device you're using. It doesn't necessarily mean that someone else is using your account. I get them any time I sign in on a browser other than my default one which keeps me signed in.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?