cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I reset my password without access to my phone for two-step verification?

Highlighted

How can I reset my password without access to my phone for two-step verification?

New member | Level 2

Hi, I have been moved from my country three years ago. I have tried all my best to retrieve the password of my account but unfortunately, there is no way as I have put a two-step verification. I have received an email about inactivity as well as deletion. Whether I get my data or not but all I want to know why is it so hard to communicate with you people to sort out our problems with a personal email. I have tried my best to contact by any personal email given by Dropbox team so I can connect with them and let them know that I am unable to retrieve my password. Both of my phones are not working as it has been closed in my country and when I changed the password it asked me an 8-digit backup code. I left no option but to leave my account with all the data inside. Thanks, Dropbox for your services 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Reset Password?

Dropboxer

Hi @Aqeel, thanks for messaging the Community!

If you have two-step verification enabled, have you tried all the steps on this article to see if you can regain access to the account?

If so, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail. You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link.

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to enter the same email you use to login to Dropbox. Thanks!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?