Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see my existing account & the plan attached to it?

ncastiglia
Explorer | Level 3

How do I view my existing personal account and plan?

8 Replies 8

My account

ncastiglia
Explorer | Level 3
How do I view my existing personal account and plan?

Re: My account

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@ncastiglia), please bear in mind that I’ve merged both your posts in one discussion, so as to keep things neat on our Forum; thanks for taking the time to drop us a line here! 

To answer your query, if you’re using a personal account, you can look for your available space breakdown on your Account tab online here: https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan & you may refer to this resource in regards to the Dropbox plans, where you can also see a brief description of the available features. 

Hopefully this addresses your initial inquiry, though please do let me know here in case you have any follow-up questions & I’ll do my best to check back with you asap. Enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

ncastiglia
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks.. I keep getting annoying notices my DB  account is full and need to upgrade.

Since I could not find my account status I clicked the link to upgrade finally out of fustration to check my account.

When I tried to up grade I was told I already had 1TB good through 9-28-2019.  And to boot I had only used 11.84 GB..

It took me two hours to find an answer and I am not sure I'm going to get more of these annoying ..notices my space is used up.. ??  Noel

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for all these additional details Noel (@ncastiglia)! It’s my understanding that you’re receiving the pop-up Notifications regarding your quota usage on your desktop, am I on the right track? 

I’m wondering if you have more than one Dropbox accounts by any chance. Can you have a look at the following & let me know whether this applies for you? 

We need to identify if your computers and other devices are linked to different Dropbox accounts. Please do the following on all devices that you have connected to Dropbox, as well as any machines you typically use to access the Dropbox website.

In each of these places, we want to find the email address used to connect to Dropbox. Please also look carefully for typos in your email address in any of these places.

#1. On your computer, click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray. Click on the in the Notifications panel. Click on Preferences, then click on Account.
#2. On iOS, open your Dropbox app and tap on "Settings". On Android, open your Dropbox app, tap on the Menu button, and then tap on "Settings".
#3. On the Dropbox website, click on your name in the top right corner.

Please let me know if you find different email addresses in any of these places Noel & we’ll take it from there. Thanks again for your cooperation & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you on this discussion! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

ncastiglia
Explorer | Level 3

#1] No notifications panel on my computer dropbox window. No notifications when I click any of the 2 small DB icons.

#2] On andriod in settings; address is [personal information removed by moderation for security reasons]

#3] On DB website also address is: [personal information removed by moderation for security reasons]

still not sure about #1... Noel

Super User II
Super User II

Just a thought... are you sure the notifications were about your Dropbox storage being full, and not your local hard drive being full?

ncastiglia
Explorer | Level 3

No  Computer all good.. had Geek Squad check and MS check.  DB definitely sent multiple notices about having reached my limit.  On my DB Paper application I do have two addresses: [personal information removed by moderation for security reasons]@MyMail.com and [personal information removed by moderation for security reasons]@ieee.org.. my prime DB is [personal information removed by moderation for security reasons]@Sunmail.com.  

Still confused about multiple messages.. none in the last two days. Noel 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for letting me know of the progress Noel (@ncastiglia)! As this discrepancy has- even temporarily- resolved itself, I’d suggest leaving this request on hold for the time being & use it as a future point of reference, in case this re-occurs. 

Please feel free to get back in touch here if you receive this Notification again & I’ll do my best to check back with you! 

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?