cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I turn sound notification off?

How can I turn the sound off on notifications?

ezrasdovid
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do I silence the sound for syncing notifications?

52 Replies 52

Samantha P.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I just figured it out! click on the dropbox icon on your task bar> settings icon in upper right of box > preferences > general > UNCHECK show desktop notifications > apply> ok  and you should be good to go

Robert S.
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Hello Samantha, yes, that way will certainly stop the notification chime, but only because you've turned off Dropbox notifications altogether.

The chime is really nothing to do with Dropbox, it's a Windows10 'feature', one which is easy enough to mute if you find notifications useful but don't want the noise.

How to customise your Windows10 notifications

Samantha P.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

ya, Robert. that's it... windows 10 doesn't do it. So turn it off in dropbox. thanks!

ceciblanco
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for the simple & effective instructions!!!

GoTsinTsan
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I found YvoneC's method to be just what I wanted. ALL dropbox notifications off! The sound for annoying reasons. The BIG Bar that floats across my lower right screen off because otherwise it blocks me seeing things I'm actually trying to work on whether I'm on dropbox or not.

However will "off" also stop me seeing the LITTLE icon that shows info about different versions of a document that I've deliberately opened IN DROPBOX?

The official D'box instructions to right click the Tray Icon does not produce the "preferences" option -which would be easier if it was true!

egbertsouse
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've turned sound notification off before. Now today it was back on. Dropbox you need to fix this.

Romar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Go to Settings >System > Notifications & Actions, scrolled down and clicked the 'Dropbox' icon, then set “Play a sound when notification arrives” to “Off”

timperkins
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

THAT DOESN'T WORK.  Why the hell doesn't DropBox have an option to stop sending sound?  This is REALLY annoying.  

timperkins
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm talking about Windows 10.  Turning off notifications for DropBox in Windows 10 doesn't stop the f'ing sound that's constantly chiming in the background.  Why doesn't DropBox have an option to stop the sound???

Matthew S.6
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

This issue is NOT fixed. When I save a file not in dropbox, but rather, just locally on my C drive, I get no annoying sound. When I save something within dropbox, I get that very loud chime.

I turned off all notifications from dropbox in the windows settings as well as in the dropbox app down in the taskbar. It does nothing. The sound on my home computer, which I use for work is still there. There is no sound on my work computer at the office.

Need more support?