cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you sign in to the Dropbox Paper mobile app if you're using Dropbox via a Google account?

Highlighted

How can you sign in to the Dropbox Paper mobile app if you're using Dropbox via a Google account?

Helpful | Level 5

The Dropbox Paper iOS app does not have a login via Google option. How am I supposed to log in?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How can you sign in to the Dropbox Paper mobile app if you're using Dropbox via a Google acco...

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello there @teauxfu, I hope you're having a good day so far!

Using the Sign in with Google option allows you to use your Google account to sign into Dropbox. However, you can also set a Dropbox password too for your account.

You can set a Dropbox password by requesting a password reset link from here to the email linked with your account. From the reset link you can set a password to sign into Dropbox directly.

This won't prevent you from using the Google option to sign in at all, but it gives you the option to either sign in with your Google account credentials or by using the new Dropbox password you set too.

Let me know if that helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: How can you sign in to the Dropbox Paper mobile app if you're using Dropbox via a Google acco...

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello there @teauxfu, I hope you're having a good day so far!

Using the Sign in with Google option allows you to use your Google account to sign into Dropbox. However, you can also set a Dropbox password too for your account.

You can set a Dropbox password by requesting a password reset link from here to the email linked with your account. From the reset link you can set a password to sign into Dropbox directly.

This won't prevent you from using the Google option to sign in at all, but it gives you the option to either sign in with your Google account credentials or by using the new Dropbox password you set too.

Let me know if that helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Weird work-around, but does indeed work! Thanks. The app seems great so far and I'm eagerly awaiting dark mode functionality

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?