cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I cancel Dropbox plus subscription?

How do I cancel Dropbox plus subscription?

August71
New member | Level 2

I want to continue with the basic Dropbox (Paper?), but I don't need Dropbox plus. At a certain point I applied for Dropbox Plus, and I now have a mail from Dropbox about difficulties with the payment. But I don't want to have Plus and I wasn't aware of this when I uploaded my documents. Can I just unsubscribe from

Plus (or let you do it when I don't pay) and keep my documents. There are so many documents and I share them with about 10 persons.

Best regards,

Solveig [personal information removed by moderation for security reasons]

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

First off @August71 for safety it is so dangerous to put private contact details on here (email). Its a sure fire way to be scammed/viruses etc.

In terms of downgrading simply go to www.dropbox.com/downgrade and follow prompts

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II

First off @August71 for safety it is so dangerous to put private contact details on here (email). Its a sure fire way to be scammed/viruses etc.

In terms of downgrading simply go to www.dropbox.com/downgrade and follow prompts

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Vicki_K
Explorer | Level 3

I was terminated from my position that had reimbursed me for the dropbox plus account.  It renewed in July - and my position ended October 1st.  Can I obtain a refund for the remander of the year? 

Rich
Super User II

@Vicki_K wrote:

Can I obtain a refund for the remander of the year? 

No. You can cancel your subscription now so it doesn't auto-renew next July, but you'll retain your current account benefits until the end of your billing cycle.

kamolwit
New member | Level 2

I was terminated form my position that had reimbursed me for the Dropbox plus account. 
thanks 

Kamolwit  Taninnara 

Rich
Super User II

Refer to the links I posted above for information on how to cancel your subscription.

Janut
Helpful | Level 5
I cancelled after my free trial, yet I have been billed, and even upgraded!!Please refund immediately- I will do all in my power to degrade your company if I don’t receive a refund. It is impossible to navigate your site to cancel my subscription.... again!!!! Thank you
Need more support?