cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I cancel Dropbox plus subscription?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I want to continue with the basic Dropbox (Paper?), but I don't need Dropbox plus. At a certain point I applied for Dropbox Plus, and I now have a mail from Dropbox about difficulties with the payment. But I don't want to have Plus and I wasn't aware of this when I uploaded my documents. Can I just unsubscribe from

Plus (or let you do it when I don't pay) and keep my documents. There are so many documents and I share them with about 10 persons.

Best regards,

Solveig [personal information removed by moderation for security reasons]

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How do I cancel Dropbox plus subscription?

Super User II
Super User II

First off @August71 for safety it is so dangerous to put private contact details on here (email). Its a sure fire way to be scammed/viruses etc.

In terms of downgrading simply go to www.dropbox.com/downgrade and follow prompts

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

First off @August71 for safety it is so dangerous to put private contact details on here (email). Its a sure fire way to be scammed/viruses etc.

In terms of downgrading simply go to www.dropbox.com/downgrade and follow prompts

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I was terminated from my position that had reimbursed me for the dropbox plus account.  It renewed in July - and my position ended October 1st.  Can I obtain a refund for the remander of the year? 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@Vicki_K wrote:

Can I obtain a refund for the remander of the year? 

No. You can cancel your subscription now so it doesn't auto-renew next July, but you'll retain your current account benefits until the end of your billing cycle.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I was terminated form my position that had reimbursed me for the Dropbox plus account. 
thanks 

Kamolwit  Taninnara 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Refer to the links I posted above for information on how to cancel your subscription.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
I cancelled after my free trial, yet I have been billed, and even upgraded!!Please refund immediately- I will do all in my power to degrade your company if I don’t receive a refund. It is impossible to navigate your site to cancel my subscription.... again!!!! Thank you

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?