cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my Dropbox Trial?

How do I cancel my Dropbox Trial?

BTKATH
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I cannot cancel my Dropbox Trial, as in How to cancel or downgrade a Dropbox subscription | Dropbox Help cannot find the any "Cancel Plan / Manage Plan" in setting account page.

36 Replies 36

Tleb0412
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

unable to find process to cancel plan

Tleb0412
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please advise method required to delete Dropbox Plan

cbright
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Like others I have tried to cancel a free trial but there is no "manage" tab to be found. I even looked for hidden tabs! So frustrating!!! I would like it cancelled immediately.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @cbright, let's see what we can do about this!

What's the plan you see when you visit your account's plan page right here?

Let me know and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jwaves
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I downloaded your cell phone application to my former Droid Cellphone several month ago in order to access photos from a customer who was listing his boat with me in Brokerage for sale. At the time you had a, “Free Trial Offer”.  I used the application one time only to download his photos and well prior to the “Free Trial” ending, I cancelled my subscription with you. 

I was billed the following month even though I had cancelled my subscription within the allowable time frame of the, “Free Trial”.  I then tried, without success to cancel my subscription again both on my new iphone(which does not reflect the subscription-which was made on my former Droid phone), and on my laptop computer, however following your “Help Center” instructions I met with a dead end on both attempts. Your “Help Center” instructions are not helpful at all in this regard, and I can only imagine that you have purposely made it next to impossible to cancel a subscription with your application.  There is no phone number to call for Human Assistance, and your Artificial Intelligence Operator was of no help either.  I opened help tickets and when I received a response, I followed the link and there was on update available when I signed in.  I asked my Credit Card company to dispute the charge and they said unless I cancel the subscription they have to bill me.  Now I have been charged for two months, and I have not used your application since the free trial period.  Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated by how unavailable help has been with this situation, so I am sending you this Registered Letter to formally ask you to cancel my subscription and any relationship with your application and to promptly refund my two months subscription money ( or three months as we are now in December).

Please give me the decency of a reply.  I have never had such a negative experience with any application as I have had with yours, and it is time for you to resolve this issue immediately.

Frustrated as hell in Naples,

JD

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @jwaves, sorry to hear about that. Let's see what we can find on this together!

As a first step, you mentioned that you've already contacted our support team, right? 

Can you please send me the ticket number reference from your communication with our team? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

jwaves
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I am showing the basic plan. Megan can you help me to cancel it once and for all. The subscription does not show up on my iPhone as I signed up on my old Droid phone. Obviously I am not the only one in this predicament. Please provide us a fix/solution/cancellation method that works

jwaves
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
My ticket #: 15348963

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @jwaves. I hope you are doing well! 

I checked and it seems you're already in contact with our support agent. 

I'll pass your comments on to them in order for us to help as much as possible. 

If you have any other questions, we're here. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

ecfly
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Megan,

I'm trying to cancel my free dropbox trial too. I went to my account, then to PLAN, and there's no 'manage plan' nor cancel nor downgrade options. I had given my credit info to Dropbox and received an email confirmation with the following:

Your trial ends on September 16, 2022. If you don’t cancel your free trial by that date, we’ll charge you CA$17.11 per month (including applicable taxes) until you cancel your plan. If you have any charges after your trial, they won’t be refunded when you cancel.

**And plus, I didn't even get this 2000 GB upgrade free trial -so there's no free trial that I'm even getting to use, but Dropbox has my credit card payment info and says they'll charge me once the free trial date ends.

I've pressed on the "cancel" link several times and can't cancel.

I WANT TO CANCEL this free trial ASAP please!!!

Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    yenching New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Stevend1943 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?