cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: cannot contact dropbox to cancel a business account

How do I cancel my subscription?

New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I cnnot afford this. I am a retired teacher on a limited, fixed income.

166 Replies 166

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@rkbridges wrote:

Is there any way to contact a live customer service person at Dropbox?

You'll need to open a ticket. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

kravmaga
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have been trying to cancel my subscription for 2 hours now.  I am so disgusted at this point as this site, just keeps taking me in circles.  I used dropbox once last year and have been being billed ever since.   I just noticed it on my card.  I think its misleading and fishy that I cannot even get a link to send an email for some help.  I followed the directions on clicking on my plan page, but there is no option to cancel the plan.  I am writing here hoping someone will notice and help me with this cancellation. Very upsetting.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

To downgrade its easy - you go to www.dropbox.com/downgrade BUT that is if the account you are using is the one being billed. IF NOT you need to log in to that account first. You can see if your account that you are logged in to is a paid one at www.dropbox.com/account - if it says BASIC you are not paying. 

Note: if you pay via a app store you need to cancel via them. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

tawhite
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do I cancel this piece of **bleep**? Does anyone have  phone number to areal human person or so e intelligent life form at Dropbox?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You can downgrade at www.dropbox.com/downgrade and support options appropriate to you are at www.dropbox.com/support

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Salsky66
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello

I have a monthly DD coming out for DropBox, which I would like to cancel but do not see any obvious way to do this or a phone number so I can speak to someone.

I can see an option to Delete Account but I also want to make sure my DD is cancelled as no longer use DropBox.  Any help appreciated!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I hope you're having a good day @Salsky66!

Can you confirm for me, is your current subscription through Dropbox directly, or through the Google/Apple app store?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sidneyblum
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

A dropbox employee told me I had to sign up for subscription so I could stop an error in my dropbox.  Now I signed up on my PC and I can't cancel.  All the discussion threads tell me to click in "settings" from my aviator, but their is no "settings" under the aviator or other drop boxes.   This makes DROPBOX A SCAM.   Easy to sign up, but after hours of work, impossible to cancel a subscription.    I'm writing to the California Attorney General to investigate Dropbox...but in the meantime, does anyone know how to cancel Dropbox?  they don't have live user help and their auto reply system gives bad info, and do the many community responses.  I know this is happening to a lot of people.    Come on attorney general....get this bad apple.   And help me find the magic road to cancel my subscription that must be hidden somehwere.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @sidneyblum, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

If you don't see the option to cancel your subscription or contact our Support team, it sounds like you are on a Basic (free) plan. 

Could you check your Plan tab online and let me know what it shows?

If you could send me a screenshot of it, that would also be super helpful. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Alcantaraj1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I want to cancel and refund my account please I requested about 4 months ago but they still billing me please cancel my subscription
Need more support?