cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my subscription?

How do I cancel my subscription?

New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I cnnot afford this. I am a retired teacher on a limited, fixed income.

166 Replies 166

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks @bigbusiness, did you get a ticket ID so I can locate it on our system?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

bigbusiness
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi Jay,
I sure did. It is :
Hope to hear from you soon mate 🙏🏻

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the ticket ID, I've gone ahead and prioritized it to expedite matters on your behalf. 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

DaveLeeNC
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

On 2/12 I upgraded my very casually used Dropbox account from free to 2TB. I was exploring the file sync option when what I thought was just a setup step (that I hoped would explain things that I do not understand) started to do things (like erase icons on my desktop). I managed to shut that down pretty quickly but so far Dropbox has 

1) Broken System Restore which no longer works due to Dropbox folder conflicts 

2) Broken my WKO5 app 

3) Totally scrambled my desktop (completely)

4) I had to uninstall (have reinstalled but that still caused problems like HUGE CPU usage constantly) the Dropbox app 

5) Sometimes files look like they are where I want them to be and sometimes they look like they are elsewhere (e.g., file open/save dialogs sometimes know where my Xfer folder is and sometimes they don't) 

6) My Acronis data backup structure no longer works 

And I doubt that this is the extent of the problems. 

I paid for a year (2 days ago) but I am pretty much convinced right now that I do now want this thing anywhere close to my computer. Will I be able to get a refund? I paid with Paypal - I am not sure what there cancel options are here. 

Thanks.

dave

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DaveLeeNC wrote:

I paid for a year (2 days ago) ... Will I be able to get a refund?

You can cancel at any time, but that just prevents your account from auto-renewing at the next billing cycle. You'll retain all of your account benefits until that time. Refunds are typically not available, except where required by law.

DaveLeeNC
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Thanks- what I figured (just didn't expect the issues that I ran into).  This has been quite painful and is far from over. dave

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @bigbusiness, just checking in on you with this matter, were you able to get the matter resolved with the support team?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

knesie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I really needed some help regarding information on refunds. I understand there is a no refund policy, but I really am desperate. I signed up for a free trial and completely forgot about it, which is my fault. But is there really no way to get a refund? I canceled my subscription immediately after seeing the charge. I will even delete my account if needed. With a company like this one, I think this policy as well as the fact there there is no number to call is absurd. If anyone has advice or answers please let me know!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @knesie!

Our Support team might be able to help you out with this, so please submit a ticket from this page.

You can let me know the ticket number you get (eg. #1234567) so I can pass along the info you provided here too, if you'd like.

Hope this helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rkbridges
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a business account. It is for a one person business.  I have closed the business email account and the dropbox password for the account does not seem to be valid,  I am stuck in a loop where I cannot fix the password because Dropbox cannot send a link to the email they have on file.  Is there any way to contact a live customer service person at Dropbox?  I want to close the account because I have closed the business.

Thanks

B

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Louie234 New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Robtmberry New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Jamie N.6 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?