cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my subscription?

How do I cancel my subscription?

New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I cnnot afford this. I am a retired teacher on a limited, fixed income.

166 Replies 166

KnowledgeSG_2021
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I would like to know whether there are any penalty for cancellation of  Dropbox paid business subscription.

And if to cancel, will there be any refund? 

And when will the downgrade be effective from ?

Await your advice.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hello there @KnowledgeSG_2021, I'd be more than happy to help!

You can cancel your subscription at any time without any cancellation fee included.

When you cancel, your plan will be downgraded to a free Basic account at the end of your current billing cycle.

Also, in most cases, payments for subscriptions aren’t refundable.

However, if there was a billing error or an issue with your plan, you can always contact our Support team from this page

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Sscn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Your instructions do not give me an option to cancel or downgrade my Dropbox plus account. I have also tried doing it through the App Store but that was unsuccessful too. I have spent two days trying to sort this and also visited my local Apple Store without any success. This is causing me much unnecessary stress. I want this account cancelled from this minute- 11:07 Tuesday April 6th 2021.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Sscn, thanks for joining us on this thread. 

If you upgraded your subscription through your iOS, you must cancel your subscription through iTunes.

You'll find more information about it, here

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

cmistii
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is a ridiculous amount of instructions to cancel subscriptions. I attempted last month and was so angry that something so simple required so much time and effort and I frankly did not have time. I left the site, not having time and now another month of being charged has gone by. It seems this is common. I ended up calling Apple to get help deleting unwanted files which cleared up my problems quickly and efficiently. I was advised that I most likely did not need drop box. I'm sure it's a great service for those who use it and need it. I do not at this time and didn't need it moments after I signed up for it. But.... Getting out of the auto payment subscription is difficult and not being able to personally speak to anyone seems suspect. I would like to cancel my subscription asap. Thank you !

pollyb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

PLEASE - I need help.  I Cannot get an actual person to help me.  Just the bot thing that is not at ALL helpful.  I cancelled (downgraded) and have not used dropbox for quite a while now but still being charged!!!  PLEASE - someone??? 

Thanks.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @pollyb, thanks for posting your query on the Dropbox Community. 

If you don't recognize a Dropbox charge, you can use our credit card charge lookup tool to check out the email address associated with it. 

Does the charge come from the account you're using on your end? 

Keep me posted.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

pdmexpedition
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a dropbox account that is with an email (.edu) that I no longer have access to. I have not used it for over a year and have no idea what the password is. How can I stop Dropbox from charging me and delete the account?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @pdmexpedition, thanks for writing to our Community! 

Without access to the account, you can't delete it.

However, since you don't have access to it, it should close automatically after some time due to inactivity

With that being said, I'd be more than happy to help you cancel your paid plan. 

Do you mind if I reach out to you via email, so we can look into this together?

Thanks!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

paulamsav
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a business dropbox account that is linked to an email that is no longer active.  My password is not working and I am still being charged for this account even though I cannot access OR get any support to have this account terminated.  I'e been trying to fix this for a YEAR!  Now I"m getting a message on your phone number that you no longer provide service. 

This is ridiculous - I am filing a fraud charge against the latest charges if someone doesn't contact me by the end of the day on Monday November 8th. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Louie234 New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Robtmberry New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Jamie N.6 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?