cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my subscription?

How do I cancel my subscription?

New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I cnnot afford this. I am a retired teacher on a limited, fixed income.

166 Replies 166

NeilPresland
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My subscritpion has just been taken and i want to cancel and get a refund - how do i do this?  I cant find any contact number to talk to someone in account and billings.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @NeilPresland, thanks for reaching out to us on the Dropbox Community. I moved your post to this thread where others have also asked a similar question.

As mentioned previously, due to account-specific info needed on this matter, I'd recommend submitting a Help Request using this links from an incognito window (without signing in) and filling out the details asked for. 

If you have any trouble along the way or any additional questions, just give us a nudge. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jibbman7
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I need to comunicate with a human!!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@jibbman7 wrote:

I need to comunicate with a human!!

You can find the support options that are vailable to you on the Support page. Only customers on the Business Advanced plan have access to phone support.

Canceling my subscription

Refer to the following help article, and reply back with any questions you have.

dhj
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to find out how to cancel a Dropbox subscription. The problem is, the person who had the account, left the company last year and we do not have the email address or password to the account. We're still being charged for the account, however no one is using it. How can I cancel this account and stop it from being charged to the credit card?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @dhj, welcome to the Dropbox Community! I moved your post to this thread, to keep similar concerns together for troubleshooting purposes. 

In general, you can cancel a subscription by following these steps

However, if you have any trouble or you'd like to look into this a bit further, you can reach out to our Support team regarding this from here via an incognito window (without signing in) and they'll be able to look into this with you.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Bails88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I setup a trial business account when trying to convert my business online due to Covid-19. Unfortunately, my online transition is just not feasible, however I forgot to cancel the trial account and have now just been charged $99 by Dropbox. This is really unfortunate given that my current earning capacity is zero. I am trying and failing to get in touch directly with Dropbox to ask if they can cancel my subscription and offer me a refund at this time, given the terrible circumstances that I am in. Any advice as to how to make direct contact with this company??? Thanks.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Bails88; welcome aboard and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

As your query echoes this discussion, I moved your post under this thread.

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look and let us know if you have any follow up questions. 

Thanks! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Aiyanna
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Cancel my account

Wiserick
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a Dropbox Plus account that I'm desperately trying to cancel.

It was required for a job. I downloaded the app and subscribed Dropbox on my iPhone.

I still have the subscription, but switched to an Android over a year ago.

I don't have internet access at home, and I'm trying to cancel using my phone. I followed the instructions provided by Dropbox, but to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Louie234 New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Robtmberry New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Jamie N.6 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?