Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I delete all pictures over 6 months old?

Explorer | Level 3

My pictures are not in albums, they are in dropbox by date and just taking up space.

I use dropbox for the camera upload feature that puts my phone pics directly from my phone to a file on my computer.

I don't ever look at them in dropbox.com and I keep getting notification that I am out of space. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How do I delete all pictures over 6 months old?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

You could go dropbox.com and order the folder ascending or descending by date (click on the "modified" label). T hen you could choose photos and delete them.

I prefer to move photos out of the Dropbox folder into folders on my hard drive which frees up dropbox space.  It is easier to manage a large number of files in folders on the computer than to use the selection box for each file at dropbox.com.  But if you are deleting all or almost all images you can use the select all box at the top of the list and then deselect the few you wish to leave in dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: How do I delete all pictures over 6 months old?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

You could go dropbox.com and order the folder ascending or descending by date (click on the "modified" label). T hen you could choose photos and delete them.

I prefer to move photos out of the Dropbox folder into folders on my hard drive which frees up dropbox space.  It is easier to manage a large number of files in folders on the computer than to use the selection box for each file at dropbox.com.  But if you are deleting all or almost all images you can use the select all box at the top of the list and then deselect the few you wish to leave in dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

djs1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?