cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account Access

How do I get account access again?

rlchaytor
New member | Level 2

I put a two step authentication on a Dropbox account. I don’t have the phone number I used on the account anymore but need my files in that account. How do I get access?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@rlchaytor wrote:
I put a two step authentication on a Dropbox account. I don’t have the phone number I used on the account anymore but need my files in that account. How do I get access?

You'll need to use the emergency backup codes that you were given when you first activated two-step authentication. Without them, or without access to another device already linked to your account, you won't be able to sign in.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@rlchaytor wrote:

You'll need to use the emergency backup codes that you were given when you first activated two-step authentication. Without them, or without access to another device already linked to your account, you won't be able to sign in.

View solution in original post

rlchaytor
New member | Level 2
Wow! Thank you for the response.
Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Need more support?