cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know if I have more than one account? Can I merge them?

Highlighted

How do I know if I have more than one account? Can I merge them?

New member | Level 2

How do I find out if I have more than 1 account, and if so how can I combine them?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How do I know if I have more than one account? Can I merge them?

Dropboxer

Initially, please bear in mind that each Dropbox account is associated with one email address. Having said that, you can:
  1. Check your inboxes for a Dropbox account creation message (which may have asked you to verify it). 
  2. If you have a paid subscription or you don’t recognize a Dropbox charge on your credit card, you can look up the email address and payment date associated with it. You can find more info on this here
  3. Ensure that the email addresses that you used to sign in to the website, the desktop app and the mobile app (if installed) are the same. You can do this by:
If you find that you have more than one Dropbox account, you can manually merge them as outlined in this article

I hope this helps to some extent! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: How do I know if I have more than one account? Can I merge them?

Dropboxer

Initially, please bear in mind that each Dropbox account is associated with one email address. Having said that, you can:
  1. Check your inboxes for a Dropbox account creation message (which may have asked you to verify it). 
  2. If you have a paid subscription or you don’t recognize a Dropbox charge on your credit card, you can look up the email address and payment date associated with it. You can find more info on this here
  3. Ensure that the email addresses that you used to sign in to the website, the desktop app and the mobile app (if installed) are the same. You can do this by:
If you find that you have more than one Dropbox account, you can manually merge them as outlined in this article

I hope this helps to some extent! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?