cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I merge 2 accounts?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I have two accounts, how do I merge them into one.

14 Replies 14
Highlighted

somehow I got 2 dropbox accounts...how do I merge them?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Last week I got a new computer (Win 8.1). It said I got a larger Dropbox for free with it, but I didn't want to do that, I wanted to keep my existing (free) Dropbox, which I've happily been using for quite a long time now.

But despite my best efforts, it now appears I have 2 Dropbox accounts, and my files are no longer synched between my 3 computers. I don't know what's been uploaded to which Dropbox and it's very confusing. Can I somehow merge both of them - I don't want to lose any files as I don't know what's where now.

The second account seems to be using an email I don't really use for anything - it's the one used by my Microsoft account, though. The primary account is under my primary email address.

How can I get all my files back in my original Dropbox again? I don't want the second account.

Thanks for your help!
Denise

Highlighted

Re: two accounts

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there

Sorry for the late response - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I have an old account and a new one that came with my phone. Can I merge these ?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

My email address has changed, and I have managed to create another dropbox account without meaning to.  How do I access the old dropbox account and merge it with my new one?

Highlighted

Re: somehow I got 2 dropbox accounts...how do I merge them?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Did you ever receive a response from Dropbox on this?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I am wondering if this was ever answered?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

There's no way to merge two accounts into one. You can move the files from one to the other using a shared folder between them though. There's also this process from the help center which will merge the content of the two accounts (but not the accounts themselves).

When you're done moving or merging the data, just delete the account that you no longer need.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

this is the message I got: The computer Janet-PC was linked to your account.  Now Janet-PC cannot find a lot of her files.  We upgraded her account to pro thinking she didnt have enough space.  All of this happened when we changed her OS from Windows 10 back to Windows 7.  She wasn't in the office and I downloaded dropbox to her new OS.  Then I didn't have her password to open her dropbox so I opened my dropbox.

How do I talk with someone....isn't there phone support for Pro account?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

How do I talk with someone....isn't there phone support for Pro account?

Phone support is only available to Dropbox for Business customers. All others use the ticket system, or you can ask questions here and we'll try to help.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?