cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I switch from Dropbox Professional (paid/non-trial) back to Dropbox PLUS at end of term?

Highlighted

How do I switch from Dropbox Professional (paid/non-trial) back to Dropbox PLUS at end of term?

New member | Level 2

Time to renew my subscription.....but I want to downgrade from Dropbox Professional ($199/year) back to Dropbox Plus ($99/year).  I only have 462gb of used storage, so the extra $100 for an extra 1tb isn't being used.

It is the end of my yearly subscription period, and when I go to the "plan page" and click "SWITCH PLAN" under the Dropbox Plus column, the only thing that happens is the next page asks for the OK to pay the $199/Dropbox Professional charge.  Tried several times with the same result.

Do I have to first cancel my Professional account - and thereby lose all my 462gb uploads - and then start all over?

Or is there something I am missing...and another work-around?

Any help, much appreciated.  Thanks!  John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How do I switch from Dropbox Professional (paid/non-trial) back to Dropbox PLUS at end of term?

New member | Level 2

Hi Luffy,

Thanks for your quick response to my query.

My default browser is Microsoft Edge.  I had cleared its cache.  But still when I go to the "Plan" page on Dropbox and attempt with clicking "Switch" on the Dropbox Plus column, a splash-panel comes up with "Confirm"....which I click and then...nothing happens.

I just tried the same procedure with Internet Explorer 11, but the result was the same.

I sent a note to Dropbox Support....as I worry that "cancelling account" would delete all my uploaded 462gb files....and the shared-links to others, even though I would immediately try and buy/pay for the Dropbox Plus subscription.  Alas, Dropbox Support is closed on weekends.

One would think that Dropbox would make it easy to do what I'm attempting, but undoubtedly it would mean a bit less revenue ($199 - $99 is $100 less from me), so of course....

Again, thank you for your courtesy and help.

Have a nice day!

John

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: How do I switch from Dropbox Professional (paid/non-trial) back to Dropbox PLUS at end of term?

Experienced Collaborator | Level 11

Hey John - hope my message finds you well!

In regards to your concern now, I'd advise to take a look below:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/billing/subscription-promotion-expire

More info about cancelling here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/help/billing/cancel-dropbox-plus

Out of curiosity now, does this problem persist on other browsers and/or after having cleared your cache?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Luffy,

Thanks for your quick response to my query.

My default browser is Microsoft Edge.  I had cleared its cache.  But still when I go to the "Plan" page on Dropbox and attempt with clicking "Switch" on the Dropbox Plus column, a splash-panel comes up with "Confirm"....which I click and then...nothing happens.

I just tried the same procedure with Internet Explorer 11, but the result was the same.

I sent a note to Dropbox Support....as I worry that "cancelling account" would delete all my uploaded 462gb files....and the shared-links to others, even though I would immediately try and buy/pay for the Dropbox Plus subscription.  Alas, Dropbox Support is closed on weekends.

One would think that Dropbox would make it easy to do what I'm attempting, but undoubtedly it would mean a bit less revenue ($199 - $99 is $100 less from me), so of course....

Again, thank you for your courtesy and help.

Have a nice day!

John

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hy Luffy,

I have the same problem as john.

However the link you suggested him is now in error.

I have a standard business account for teams (only one member remaining in the team, me, the administrator) and i want to switch to a personnal account "plus" at the end of term in 2 weeks (415,15GB).

when i try to change of offer, i only have the possibility to upgrade to advanced business account.

How can i do?

thanks for your help

Erwin

Highlighted

Experienced Collaborator | Level 11

Sorry to hear that @erw99 - try the following:

https://help.dropbox.com/billing/cancel-subscription

Let me know how it goes!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

hello luffy, thanks for your answer,

However i already saw that, but the fact is that i only have the possibility to downgrade to "basic": "Your account will downgrade to Dropbox Basic at the end of your billing cycle."

whereas i have 415.15GB of data i don't want to loose.

i would like to downgrade to a paied subscription : the "plus" one for personnal accounts, which seems not possible, unless you tell me how ?? please

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @erw99! - I'll try to help!

Since you'd like to modify your current Dropbox subscription, you should be able to do this in your account settings:  https://www.dropbox.com/team/admin/billing/manage

On that page, you are able to downgrade your account and cancel your subscription.

If you choose to downgrade your current plan or cancel your subscription, you still get to finish any remaining time on your current subscription before the account actually downgrades.

If you're still having issues with this, please log a ticket with our team so we can assist further with all of our tools at our disposal. You can do so from the following page:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

If you stumble upon an issue while doing so, please let me know and I'll reach out to your Dropbox associated email address from my end instead. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?